Saturday, March 26, 2011

Asscrack of dawn

Up this morning at the asscrack of dawn.  I'm not talking about a stripper.  I'm talking about the sucky time before the sun rises.  I decided in my warped logic to run a 5k this morning.

Why:
1. Lovely wife is gone to medical coding class and child is asleep so I'm solo anyway.
2. It's the day before my birthday (warped logic).
3. It's for a program that helps fund PE4Life in school.
4. Its international week in the Premier League no games this morning.
5. Why not?

I've got to leave and go do this now I'll finish this when I get back.

I'm back.  It is 44 degrees and rainy.  I made all the rookie mistakes.  I got there 15 minutes before the start.  I didn't do a good job stretching.  I had to make a last minute port a potty stop.  I started too fast.

I'm pretty sure that wearing the Vibrams Sunday and the Wednesday before the race trashed my calves.  They were sooooo tired at the very begining of the race I can't think of any other reason why that would happen.

No PR for me.  (UPDATE: around 3:30 off my 5k PR) Oh well there are always more 5ks usually 3 or 4 a day this time of year.

Anyway, it was for a good cause, I didn't walk it and the t-shirt is kinda cool.

In case you're curious the PE4Life program is designed to encourage lifelong fitness and combat childhood obesity by teaching kids about sports, fitness and nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Good And You Will Be Lonesome

I've been thinking a lot lately about a song released in 1988, on the album Hot Water by Jimmy Buffett, called "That's What Liv...