Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Gods Must Be Angry

It's been a while since I posted and there's lots to update.

So the leg thing worked itself out with lots of stretching, time and  flexoril but, I missed several days of much needed runs.

Then came the flu or whatever it was.  Thursday to Tuesday with 103+ degree fever and all the coughing and joy that goes with it.  Right in the peak of training.  No 12 mile run.

                                                    
I went to the Dr and got my brain swabbed.  They call it a flu test.  Turns out it's not the flu he doesn't know what it is wrong with me so... Amoxicillin it is!  After a week of horse pills I got well enough to run and then the leg acts up again.  2 weeks from the race and the longest run I've got is a 10.5 mile.  At this point I'm not sure the leg will hold up for 13.1 or that I have the endurance to run the whole thing if the leg doesn't go out.  Nothing against the run/ walkers but I wanted to run the whole thing!

                                                   

I'm pretty much following the taper plan.  Pretty much.  Business trip to Vegas means running schedule is okay in fact I'm running more because of the time difference.  Diet is FUBAR.  Not watching what I eat so I probably gained 5 pounds.

I'm consoling myself with the fact that this is just the first step and my actual goal is the full marathon 1 year away.  This race is as much a trial run as anything else.  A building block.  By the way that's not me in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Good And You Will Be Lonesome

I've been thinking a lot lately about a song released in 1988, on the album Hot Water by Jimmy Buffett, called "That's What Liv...