Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dumbass

Yesterday I recounted my tale of trail running and posted this picture.  I love this sign it's like life's signpost.  There is no easy path in life.  It might start out easy but the easy way always leads to difficulties.

Why am I reposting the picture other than because I like it?

I'm recounting my story to a coworker about being tired and sweaty and after 4 miles of running encountering this sign.  In the story I wuss out and take the Hard path to the left instead of the Harder path to the right.

Much like life when I took the easier path I wasn't paying attention to the arrows.  Something occurred to me as I held up my phone for the umpteenth (that's a highly technical measurement) time.  Left was HARDER.  Right was hard.  I went left.  Shit.

On the bright side I was already looking forward to trying it again.  Now I really want another shot.  No 5k beforehand and take the RIGHT turn and it should be even more fun.

Dumbass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Good And You Will Be Lonesome

I've been thinking a lot lately about a song released in 1988, on the album Hot Water by Jimmy Buffett, called "That's What Liv...