Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Red Rocker Part Deux

Background is complete and now it's time to bring the Red Rocker to life.

 Step 1: As I mentioned in Part 1, I work from back to front so I started with Sammy's face and arms basically all the skin tones.  I use a lot of white and burnt sienna.  I like a small short bristle brush by Windsor and Newton.




Step 2: Next I block in the red tee and lay down the foundation for his trademark mop of hair.  On the shirt I opt for not doing as lot of shading and instead use texture to create flow.


Step 3: Here I added some details to the guitar strap, t-shirt logo, necklace and add some detail to the hair.  The hair is a wild curly main and has layer on layer of color.


Step 4: Here I start blocking in color on the guitar body and neck.


Step 5:  Finish the guitar and clean up a few area.  All done and ready for a nice thick glossy clear coat.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Good And You Will Be Lonesome

I've been thinking a lot lately about a song released in 1988, on the album Hot Water by Jimmy Buffett, called "That's What Liv...