Monday, June 13, 2011

2 seasons in Arkansas. Cold and Hot.

I like spring and fall.  Shorts and a light jacket.  Flip Flops.  Running and scuba diving.  But I live in Arkansas where we have 2 seasons.  Cold and Hot.  Either it's colder than a witch's hoo ha or it's Africa hot with 100% humidity.  Right now we're in Hot and it sucks.

As I countdown to my vacation I am still trying to run regularly.  Reasons range from both the weight control aspect to maintaining a base for an October Half Marathon but the heat during anytime other than the asscrack of dawn makes it difficult.  In order to keep interest and effort alive I have signed up for a cross country 5k.  I've never done a cross country anything so I'm really looking forward to it.  I have no preconceptions about the cross country aspect other than it will be hot and should be fun.

I have plans to go to Pinnacle Mountain Park afterwards (the 5k is not too far away) and run a mountain bike trail aftter the 5k.  We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Good And You Will Be Lonesome

I've been thinking a lot lately about a song released in 1988, on the album Hot Water by Jimmy Buffett, called "That's What Liv...